Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any Mompreneurs out there?
Christena
post Sep 24 2006, 08:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 83

Hi - I am a mompreneur from Cape Breton. I am looking to chat with other mompreneurs about the challenges of balancing work, baby and checkbook!! I am thirty yrs old, mom to a beautiful 8 month old daughter (who took seven years to make by the way!!) You can see her and my business here: www.babyholdit.citymax.com
I wish all mompreneurs out there a big good luck. We should all support them, because they have a tough job. It's a lot harder than you would think!!
Happy parenting to all -
Chris
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Debbie
post Oct 5 2006, 04:23 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 104

QUOTE (Christena @ Sep 24 2006, 09:25 AM) *
Hi - I am a mompreneur from Cape Breton. I am looking to chat with other mompreneurs about the challenges of balancing work, baby and checkbook!! I am thirty yrs old, mom to a beautiful 8 month old daughter (who took seven years to make by the way!!) You can see her and my business here: www.babyholdit.citymax.com
I wish all mompreneurs out there a big good luck. We should all support them, because they have a tough job. It's a lot harder than you would think!!
Happy parenting to all -
Chris

Hi Christena,
I am also a mompreneur, but fortunately my kids are grown now! I know how hard it is for you as I was working at home as a seamstress while I was raising them. Not a lot of money, but it kept them in diapers!
I have a much better business now that allows me more time and money1
Good luck to you and I hope to get to know you better in the near future!

+Quote Post
Lena
post Oct 12 2006, 06:46 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 115

QUOTE (Christena @ Sep 24 2006, 08:25 AM) *
Happy parenting to all -
Chris

+Quote Post
Lena
post Oct 12 2006, 07:06 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 115

Hi Chris,
I'm a Mompreneur (great word) myself. You are right, it is very tricky to work and look after the children at the same time. I have 2 in school now and a 3 year old at home. My 2 older ones lost so much clothing in school so I started a home business with name labels that stick-on to clothing (www.labellighthouse.com)
I have put a small desk for my 3 year old in my office and she has her own business there. laugh.gif It keeps her busy for hours. I find it hard at times to concentrate, the fact that we also have 3 dogs, 2 cats and 4 bunnies in the house doesn't help rolleyes.gif But I must say I really enjoy being able to both work and have my little one at home. Best of luck to all Mompreneurs! smile.gif
Lena

+Quote Post
Debbie
post Oct 13 2006, 09:16 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 104

Hey Lena,
Thanks for the info about your labels. I used to do my sewing business to make extra money, but now that I have a much better home business I just do it for pleasure. I have 4 grandchildren to sew clothes for and I'm getting low on labels. I saved your weblink so that I can check them out when I need some. I like to get them made to read "Made with Love" or "With love, Grandma", so hopefully that is something that you can supply. I'll look into it when I get a chance. That's what I love about this site, you get some great information here!

QUOTE (Lena @ Oct 12 2006, 08:06 PM) *
Hi Chris,
I'm a Mompreneur (great word) myself. You are right, it is very tricky to work and look after the children at the same time. I have 2 in school now and a 3 year old at home. My 2 older ones lost so much clothing in school so I started a home business with name labels that stick-on to clothing (www.labellighthouse.com)
I have put a small desk for my 3 year old in my office and she has her own business there. laugh.gif It keeps her busy for hours. I find it hard at times to concentrate, the fact that we also have 3 dogs, 2 cats and 4 bunnies in the house doesn't help rolleyes.gif But I must say I really enjoy being able to both work and have my little one at home. Best of luck to all Mompreneurs! smile.gif
Lena

+Quote Post
Mompreneur08
post Oct 1 2008, 04:56 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 16,500

Hi everybody,

It's my dream to be a Mompreneur. I've been reading a lot at a blog called www.consultantjournal.com, where there are lots of articles about how to start your own business at home, etc. There's lots of info there and I like it a lot. It makes me want to work from home.

The site also sells an ebook about how to become a mompreneur. It's called "Discover Your Inner Entrepreneur for Moms". I haven't actually bought it yet though.

I've got lots of ideas about different businesses, but I can't really make up my mind about which direction to go in... I'm kind of scared, but it is my dream.

Good for all of you for being mompreneurs!!

+Quote Post
~Deborah~
post Jan 3 2010, 01:08 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 16,851

Hi Everyone

I have been a mommy since 2002 & a mompreneur since 2005. I run an at home online business called Bears 'n' Buddies Canada. It is a do-it-yourself stuffed animal business that specializes in birthday parties as well as single sales & large company parties. We are also very involved in raising money for different charities through a portion of sales to Neuroblastoma research & Breast Cancer.

--------------------
~Deborah~
Mom of two wonderful boys
Owner of Bears 'n' Buddies Canada

+Quote Post
Joey
post Jan 3 2010, 11:37 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 16,482

We invite you to share any events you may be hosting free of charge through the submit events link in our popular Events Calendar.

Click on http://www.kidsaroundcanada.com/events/index.php?com=submit.

+Quote Post
~Deborah~
post Jan 3 2010, 11:45 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 16,851

QUOTE (Joey @ Jan 3 2010, 11:37 PM) *
We invite you to share any events you may be hosting free of charge through the submit events link in our popular Events Calendar.

Click on http://www.kidsaroundcanada.com/events/index.php?com=submit.

Thanks Joey biggrin.gif

--------------------
~Deborah~
Mom of two wonderful boys
Owner of Bears 'n' Buddies Canada

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 11:10 AM